While Mind Control On The Surface May Sound Extremely Sexy.
Many of the methods used to create mindless cult members go far beyond what most people would be willing (or should be willing) to do to create mindless servants and followers. None the less these things are possible and actually many of the methodologies listed below are found in organizations that "do not" necessarily fall under the aegis of religious cults.
Keep that in mind as you peruse this particular piece.
Please Note This post gives some rather unsavory information in a somewhat humorous way. Do not let the humor fool you.
The techniques discussed in the video are real methods used by cult leaders and "rogue’ agencies to "reform" the thoughts and ideologies of unknowing citizens.
Below is a exerpt from wikipedia detailing the work of Robert J. Lifton an expert in the field of thought reform aka brainwashing.
Theory of thought reform For more details on this topic, see Thought Reform (book). Lifton investigated the thought-reform procedures used against American POWs returning from the Korean War while involved in their psychiatric evaluation.
 Lifton’s 1961 book Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of "Brainwashing" in China was a study of coercive techniques that he labelled thought reform or "brainwashing", though he preferred the former term.
Others have labelled it also as "mind control".
Lifton describes in detail eight methods which he says are used to change people’s minds without their agreement:
* Milieu Control – The control of information and communication.
* Mystical Manipulation – The manipulation of experiences that appear spontaneous but in fact were planned and orchestrated.
* Demand for Purity – The world is viewed as black and white and the members are constantly exhorted to conform to the ideology
of the group and strive for perfection.
* Confession – Sins, as defined by the group, are to be confessed either to a personal monitor or publicly to the group.
* Sacred Science – The group’s doctrine or ideology is considered to be the ultimate Truth, beyond all questioning or dispute.
* Loading the Language – The group interprets or uses words and phrases in new ways so that often the outside world does not
* Doctrine over person – The member’s personal experiences are subordinated to the sacred science and any contrary experiences
must be denied or reinterpreted to fit the ideology of the group.
* Dispensing of existence – The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not.